- Built to look like a factory R Code 427 model.
- Originally this car was a Fairlane 500, yellow with black interior, powered with a 390 FE big block, with a 3 speed manual transmission .
- Completely restored, and modernized in 2020
- Wimbledon White paint
- Correct R Code fiberglass hood, and hood pins
- Black Fairlane 500 interior
- Generation 2 Coyote V8
- Aluminum radiator
- Custom air intake tube
- Custom headers and dual exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers
- Tremec 6 speed transmission
- Modern fuel cell
- Subframe chassis connectors
- Adjustable QA-1 coil over suspension
- Power rack and pinion steering
- Baer 6 piston front brake calipers
- BG Rod Works 17 inch wheels
- Front and rear sway bars
- Tubular front control arms
This Fairlane was meant to drive, and boy does it drive well!
With 450 horsepower, tuned to perfection, through the 6 speed transmission with wide ratios, it’s fast, and comfortable . You can lay down rubber in the first 3 gears, or just short shift it, and the motor just pulls effortlessly. A modern drivetrain like this, literally transforms the car into a fast and reliable muscle car.
At the same time, it has a very civilized , sporty ride , and corners as flat as a sports car. The adjustable coilovers, are light years ahead of the original upper and lower front control arms, and rear leaf springs. Massive sway bars provide very flat handling, with negligible body roll. The car doesnt dive under braking, nor squat under acceleration.
The steering is precise, and light.
The restoration on this car is second to none. The body is laser straight down the sides, the hood , roof and trunk are flat and every body line crisp. Panel gap is near perfect everywhere.
The Wimbledon white paint is just about flawless, and smooth as glass. Every piece of exterior trim is either new, or restored. The glass is clear, and looks brand new.
The interior uses its original door and side panels, and they are near perfect. Everything else looks brand new, and correct for Fairlane 500 trim.
One of my favorite cars, it’s fun to drive, and you can’t not feel good in this car!