Developed in 1963, and built until 1965. The improved version of the earlier model 23, with improved engine cooling, and a new 1,600cc Twin Cam engine replacing the 22’s 1,300cc Cosworth Single overhead cam engine.
- 1600c.c Lotus Twin cam engine, delivers 170 h.p. At 8,000 rpm
5 speed Hewland gearbox
- Right hand shifter
- Girling Four wheel disc brakes
- Fully independent suspension, with double wishbones in the front
- FIA rules at the time, dictated that the car had a passenger seat. This one is removeable
- Car weighs 1000 lbs.
- Unique ‘Wobbly Web ‘ wheels with four lugs in the front, and six in the rear.
This particular 23b has Quaife locking differential as well.